Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Delonghi DSJ900 Electric Kettle

Delonghi DSJ900 Electric Kettle

Price: $59.95
Manufacturer: DeLonghi America, Inc
Buy from amazon.com

The De'Longhi DSJ900 Electric Kettle has a seamless brushed aluminum body, is durable, stylish, and complements any decor. The water level indicator, located in the handle, lets you know exactly how much water is left and the removable, washable, water filter eliminates impurities and other deposits from water.

Information

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #119430 in Kitchen & Housewares
  • Color: stainless
  • Brand: DeLonghi
  • Model: DSJ900
  • Released on: 2004-11-11
  • Dimensions: 6.51 pounds
  • 1.5-liter (50 ounce) capacity
  • Two-level auto shut-off automatically shuts down the kettle when the water begins to boil or the kettle is empty
  • The durable interior and concealed heating element maintain the purity of the water
  • The illuminated toggle switch and detachable rubberized lid allow for easy and convenient use
  • The cordless kettle design with detachable base makes serving easy.

Product Reviews

Kettle leaks. Lid hard to close. Slow boil.
this kettle has been a real dissapointment. i have 3 major complaints with it and the only benefit is that it looks good. i bought it 1/2 a year ago and am now replacing it.
1) it leaks all over my counter.
2) it is slow to boil compared to other electric kettles we've had.
3) it has a weird lid that has to be lined up EXACTLY with the kettle in order to snap close. it is a real nuisance and even when it closes, it unsnaps very easily.

very unhappy
After getting the teakettle in January, I had to stop using it by June. The kettle was leaking water all over the kitchen counter and at time it would not turn off by itself. Delongi sent me a new kettle to replace the one that was broke but it was a model only worth $80.00. When I ask about the $50.00 difference in price of the two teakettles I was told they covered their warranty and I'm out of the $50.00. I won't be buying anymore of Delongi products!

Down with DeLonghi
I have liked my previous DeLonghi purchases. But, I have an older kettle model: KBX1510. It is 2 years old with an obvious design flaw. (My last kettle lasted for over 10 years.) A little (1/4") plastic part, that releases the kettle lid, broke off the plastic control arm .

According to DeLonghi, there is no replacement part and my warranty has expired. So, I must buy a new kettle: DeLonghi, Model DFJ900. After talking to DeLonghi, I have decided not to buy any more DeLonghi products.


No comments:

Post a Comment