Saturday, July 25, 2009

Aroma AWK-115S 1-1/2-Liter Hot H20 X-PressWater Kettle

Aroma AWK-115S 1-1/2-Liter Hot H20 X-PressWater Kettle

Price: $29.96
Manufacturer: Aroma
Buy from amazon.com

The Hot H20 X-Press from Aroma provides boiling water in a matter of minutes. The 1-1/2-liter capacity is ideal for a variety of uses--hot tea, soups, instant coffees, oatmeal, hot chocolate, noodles, baby formula and more. Once water reaches a boil, the kettle will automatically shut off and lifts off its base for easy, cord-free pouring. The beautiful polished stainless steel finish looks great whether serving or simply sitting on the counter.

Information

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #198 in Kitchen & Housewares
  • Size: 1.5-Liter
  • Color: Black
  • Brand: Aroma
  • Model: AWK-115S
  • Dimensions: 9.00" h x 8.00" w x 8.00" l, 3.13 pounds
  • Easy pouring with safe-grip handle
  • Cordless pouring with the patented Strix electric connector
  • Easy-to-read water level indicator
  • Automatically shuts off once water has come to a boil
  • Easy-to-clean spout filter

Product Reviews

looks good AND works like a charm!
It's not often that one finds a product that's both visually attractive AND functionally satisfying. This kettle is one of those rare items: the shiny stainless steel body is beautiful to look at, and it boils water very very quickly! It features a nice big and sturdy handle which is very comfortable, and the spout is perfectly designed so that you'd have to be a real klutz to spill things. The cordless feature is wonderful, I tried a cheap ten dollar "Hot Pot" for a day or two and hated having to deal with the cord, plus that model doesn't have automatic shutoff despite what it says on the box---huge fire hazard! There is also a power-indicator light and water-level indicator gauge which are both handy, and I like that there is no exposed heating element inside which would be a pain to clean. Instead it's all smooth clean lines, inside and out!

Sure the outside of the kettle does get a little hot so you probably don't want to have this within reach of toddlers or anything, but if your toddlers can get up on your kitchen countertop then you have a LOT of other problems as well! I appreciated not having to deal with how plastic inevitably gets dirty-looking and sometimes leaves a funny taste in the water.

My only slight concern is that the lid needs a little bit of force to shut completely...probably some kind of insulating seal that shortens the time needed to bring water to a boil, but makes me wonder how durable that part of this kettle is going to be. Oh well, will find out in a few months or (hopefully) years, I suppose!

Fine Kettle superb price
I needed a second kettle and didn't want to shell out about $90+ for another Braun WK600 Stainless kettle (which I am happy with). So I bought this Aroma. Not as heavy, but more aesthetic, boils water fast and fully satisfactory. While I have had for less than a week, it's performed very well.

One reviewer said that the "on" switch at the bottom of the pot broke. I noticed that it takes a very light touch to engage, so maybe if a heavy touch is used, this switch could break. Time will tell whether it's a durable product but at this time I'm very happy with the kettle.

Works Great!
I bought this after I was so disappointed with a Breville one. The pot does get hot but I don't have any children or pets to worry about. The boil time is very fast and there is no coil on the inside so I do not have to worry about the build-up or rust I have experienced with other kettles. The water tastes good and clean. For this price it is very affordable! I do have to admit that the pot seems a little cheaply made, but I didn't expect much since it seems to be less than half the price of others of the same volume and style. I am very happy with this!!

Update (more than a month later): this is still working so quick and perfectly! I couldn't be happier!


No comments:

Post a Comment