Friday, July 31, 2009

Sunbeam KJX17 1.7 Liter 1500 Watt Water Heater

Sunbeam KJX17 1.7 Liter 1500 Watt Water Heater

Price: $19.99
Manufacturer: Sunbeam
Buy from amazon.com

This Sunbeam Kettle has 1,500 watts of energy and a 7 cup capacity. A removable scale filter delivers better tasting water, and dual water windows make it easier to fill up the kettle.

Information

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #2532 in Kitchen & Housewares
  • Brand: Sunbeam
  • Model: KJX17
  • Dimensions: 11.70" h x 7.40" w x 5.80" l, 3.00 pounds
  • Boils up to 1.7 litres of water
  • Dual water windows allow accurate water fill
  • Removable, washable mesh water filter reduces limescale in your beverages
  • Hinged lid for easy cleaning and filling
  • 1500 watts of power for quick boiling

Product Reviews

WOW, what a kettle!
I love everything about this kettle. The clear guide on the side showing the level of water (in liters). How quickly the water comes to a boil is astonishing, and when it does start to boil, the pot automatically cuts itself off. The pot also cuts off if all of the water boils out. The cord is short however to prevent tripping, but works just fine with an extension cord if necessary. This is a wonderful product!

Great Concept vs. Poor Product
YMMV but I have a few recommendations:

PROS
----

1. Filter for keeping the crud in the kettle at bay
2. Sleek and Intuitive to handle, I figured it out within minutes of opening it from the box
3. It boils water for my daily brew of tea

CONS
----

1. Filter is HARD to put back after cleaning... I still havent got it on
2. Its NOT CORDLESS so for the price its not worth it in my opinion
3. The ON/OFF switch DOES NOT work at all !!! May be a manufacturer defect... but I was kind of counting on it ..


OVERALL
-------

Might as well boil water on the stove, without the auto-shut off its pretty much useless.

Great Tea Kettle
I moved to the States from Canada and was horrified to see how few electric kettles there are available in stores. The one I had back home is quite old so I left it there thinking I'll just run out to the store & buy one. WRONG! Most stores only carry a couple & they're over $40! And Macy's had one that was just plain weird!

Anyhoo, I found this one and ordered it. Sunbeam is a good popular brand in Canada so I felt confident in purchasing it. It is GREAT! It doesn't have the heating coils in the bottom which is good. The coils can build up mineral deposits over time. It just has a flat metal heating element at the bottom. It is quiet and you can see the water inside boiling away. And the auto-shut off is wonderful. I'm quite pleased with my purchase. Now, if I could order some good Canadian tea from here...


No comments:

Post a Comment